Internal Control Coordinator
Domaine Chandon is seeking an Internal Control Coordinator
Reporting to the CFO of DCC/Newton, the Internal Controller is responsible for reviewing and improving the level of internal control across DCC and Newton, in particular via the implementation and maintenance of the LVMH/MH internal control tools and procedures. (Risk management, DRP, BCP, Erica Mega Processes and QEG, Internal Audit, DOA, etc. . .)
Domaine Chandon's Internal Control Coordinator will be responsible to:
Focus on providing independent and objective assurance to the Management that risks are being managed effectively by
• Analyzing and assessing the risk assumed by the business, by reviewing the existing systems and procedures.
• Identifying and evaluating the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks.
• Providing practical, innovative and value added solutions to issues identified
• Reporting reviews to Executive Management and to MH (Erica) to support the companies LSF compliance.
• Developing and maintaining an effective network relationship across the business
• Communicating effectively with Local Managers and Process Owners to ensure Group guidelines are well communicated and shared by all stakeholders.
• Encourage preventive controls or systematic implementation of exception reports when not possible
Internal audit recommendation follow-up
• Performing the audit follow up after the issuance of the Internal Audit report, as well as fostering the Audit A-B points resolution in a timely manner.
• Providing guidance to all levels of management to ensure recommendations are fully and practically implemented.
Client relationship -- internal/external
• Establish and sustain a productive relationship with the key internal stakeholders: represent the finance function as a professional, responsive and committed partner, foster an environment of trust, promote the MH tools and the Internal Control procedures to bring the wineries at the MH standard requirements (effectiveness of internal control, documentation process, risk mitigation, etc)
• Ensure the Group reporting, mainly including Erica Reporting, is completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate the bi-annual Management representations for Mega Process and Entity Level
• Responsible for the monthly Reporting to MH Internal Control (Audit point status)
• Lead the finalization of the Delegation of Authority project (if applicable, pending timing), mainly the Purchasing part.
• Ensure proper maintenance and application of DOA principles throughout the business.
• Test compliance to DOA.
• Based on the group recommendations, ensure that the main processes of the business are documented
• Identify the missing documentation and coordinate the formalization of the procedures
• Ensure that the documents are gathered in a unique location and maintained regularly
• Ensure the major processes are compliant with the Segregation of Duties Principles issued by the Group.
• Ensure the roles assigned to the users in the various systems of the company are aligned with these recommendations.
BCP Maintenance (Business Continuity Plan)
• Actively maintain and challenge the BCP implemented at Chandon and Newton in 2011. Ensure yearly test and training is conducted.
• Actively plan, coordinate, roll out and communicate across the business on Business Continuity Plan, leveraging Group benchmark and previous experience.
• Maintain the documentation and Contact list updated
• Be the "log bookkeeper' of Chandon and Newton Crisis Management Team
Audit on specific areas
• Plan and execute Audits on specific risks identified either by the Group or the Management, such as : T&E submission reviews, P-Card, Discount proof,
• Communicate results and learnings from those audits and issue recommendations
• Coordinate across the winery the transversal audit requests sent by MH
Other Projects -- Ad Hoc request
• Projects as assigned by the CFO or MH Internal Control team to ensure that the business is running effectively and complying with MH control requirements:
• Documentation of key procedures. Test compliance.
• Segregation of duties, including testing
• Ad hoc reviews like Credit management process, Bulk and grapes sales, A&P, . . .
Education: Graduate or post graduate degree with Finance, Business or Accounting specialization.
French a plus
Professional experience & know how :
• At least two years experience in a business analytical role
• Big 4 experience would be a +
• Analytical, multi-tasking, and strategy building skills
• Written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build successful relationships with key stakeholders
• Possess a strong customer focus with an overall commitment to quality
Technical & management skills :
• Consistency of approach
• Sound understanding of database/ERP logic
• Strong Computer skills in all MS Office programs including advance level of excel
Personal & interpersonal skills :
• Integrity and trust
• Proactive approach
• Drive for results
• Enthusiastic and flexible approach
• Time management
• Analytical while detail orientated
• Team player
• Managing diversity
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer