Wine Club and E-Commerce Representative
Contribute to the growth of the wine club and e-commerce business for Newton Vineyard , and as needed for Domaine Chandon, by developing rapport with wine club members and providing superior customer service, driving sales, member and email list acquisition, member retention, and data management support.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
This individual reports to the manager of wine club and e-commerce and shares responsibility for reaching the goals of the Newton Vineyard and Domaine Chandon e-Commerce and Wine Club teams including, customer service, sales, member and e-mail list acquisition, member retention, customer growth, data management and revenue goals.
Customer Service (85%)
Develop rapport with wine club members and provide outstanding customer service in keeping with a premium luxury winery.
- Follow up with customers and respond, resolve customer inquiries via e-commerce, voicemail, phone, email, written correspondence, or in person..
- Proactively resolve customer inquiries within one business day regarding sales, custom club orders, returns, shipment tracking, damaged shipments, declined credit cards, credit card disputes, change of address, club membership cancellation requests, e-Commerce orders, accessing Club-Chandon.com, and tour reservations, etc.
- Respond within one business day to e-mail inboxes and voice mail..
- Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of all wine Offerings
- Retain club members who wish to cancel membership
- Promote sales/upsell customers through product and promotion knowledge and enthusiasm
- Represent the company at club events and provide support as needed.Respond to inquiries from Hospitality staff regarding club membership offerings and shipped orders
- Maintain and build solid working relationships with internal and external business partners
Data Coordination (15%)
- Accurately add data and maintain CRM database and customer records in an effort to provide superior customer service and track results Process orders into eWinery solutions, or related systems
- Insure that all wine orders are run through compliance software and follow through on non-compliant orders Assist with system integrations and contribute ideas to systems and process improvements and efficiencies as well as ideas that will enhance the customer experience
- Assist with any department-related tasks or projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with direct sales inventory maintenance, replenishment, reviewing, tracking and reconciliation as needed
- General office environment
Working several days each week at Newton Vineyard in Saint Helena with the remaining days of the work week at Domaine Chandon’s administrative offices in Yountville.
Education: College degree preferred or applicable experience
Languages: English required
Professional experience & know how: Customer service experience is required.
- Customer and sales centricity is key. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-orientation, self-motivation, proactive problem solving, follow-through and ability to work with limited supervision are vital to the success of this position.
Technical & management skills:
- Ability to use application software to perform administrative role including eWinery Solutions, Excel, Word, SAP and Lotus Notes or Microsoft Outlook. Ability to multi-task using telephone, computer and written communications.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
Strong team player, excellent communication skills both within and outside of the organization, positive and enthusiastic attitude.