Production Forklift Operator
Maintain a superior quality of wines by performing a variety of routine bottling and cleaning procedures as well as special projects, such as hand labeling, special packaging and other non-standard packaging.
Forklift Operation: (50%)
• Load and unload production trains, ensuring proper placement of both product and dry goods into the required location.
• Transport to and from warehouses finished good and WIP product.
• Load and unload the Champagel with the correct inventory as per managements direction
• Stage product into the cold room for the next day's production.
• Stage sur latte product in warehouse 2, and ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and within the designated timline.
• Assist in unloading and loading of glass trucks, including paperwork consolidationPrepare and conduct inventory.
• Support tirage line through the supply of glass and removal of packed bins, including confirmation of tags prior to placement on the train.
• Ensures the automatic loader (Champagel is functioning correctly and bottles are loaded and proceeding through the line efficiently, must keep records of bins coming in with correct cuvee for the day. May be required to assist in dumping and washing of caps at the disgorger.
• Filler/Corker/Wire Hood/Tumbler/Washer/Foil Station: Responsible for stocking supplies and watching for low fills or abnormalities with the operation of each piece of equipment. Must check dosage; keep records of bottles used to fill filler or other bottles such as dumps and/or losses for the day.
• Case Erector/Packer/Case Sealer Station: Responsible for ensuring equipment is functioning correctly and manual placement of inserts into box. Verify cases are loaded with appropriate number of bottles as well as inspect for quality assurance, may add neckers or promotional material or close gift boxes as necessary. Verify all boxes have inserts, and must ensure erector is full at all times and glue sealer has plenty of glue.
• Palletizer Station: Ensure equipment is properly functioning, shrink wrap pallets, tag pallets with appropriate paperwork and then forklift to the loading dock. Must lift cases when needed to fix machine in safe manner.
• Glass Depalletizer Station: Responsible for cutting open pallets of shrunk wrapped glass and unloading onto conveyor. Must keep accurate count of glass coming in.
• Rover: Must manually pack as needed, put doors on bins, put on straps and fill in as needed. Keep records of bins rotating in and out for that day's production.
• Still wine line production: Dump glass and place empty cases on overhead conveyor. Ensure fill heights are within specification, corker hopper has proper corks and is kept full. Hand packing of bottles is required, along with inspection of labels as they move through the line before packing. Hand palletizing of finished and unfinished product, shrink wrap pallets, and place tags on pallets with appropriate paperwork.
• Covering production line, performing operator duties when needed.
• Ensure all quality standards are being performed to established standards.
• Reportmachinery problems in a timely manner to management.
• Cover various production line stations during breaks, performing operator duties when needed.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Follow all safety procedures in operation of equipment and daily operations.
• Works with other departments to help where needed which include but are not limited to: Maintenance, Cellar, Warehouse, Sanitation, VLMs and Janitorial with flexible schedule changes as directed by Management.
• Performs general duties as assigned, or as the situation dictates.
• Conduct inventory counting of dry goods, surlatte, surpoint and unfinished product during daily, monthly, quarterly or annual inventories.
• Entering transfers into SAP data base.
• Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of daily record keeping and physical inventory of finished, WIP product and dry goods material.
• Accurately record all bins moved from warehouses on a daily basis.
• Participates in training and safety programs as directed by Production Supervisor in order to enhance job performance and knowledge of safe work practices.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Language: English required
Professional experience & know how:
Minimum 3 years winery production experience.
Knowledge of safe production practices, including safety of equipment and following procedures.
Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
Ability to understand and perform basic math.
Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- MoÃƒÂ«t Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
To apply, please send your resume with salary history to jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer