Senior Chandon Ambassador
This is a Retail Sales position - The focus of this position is on retail sales and merchandise purchasing and inventory.
To communicate the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent and impactful brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service in order to create a world class experience for every guest.
Create a High-Quality Visitor Experience: (40%)
- Maintain Domaine Chandon’s standard of providing World Class Customer service to our guests and fellow co- workers.
- Message all new and current Visitor Center programs to all guests and co-workers with enthusiasm and consistency.
- Ensure each Visitor Center associate actively engages all guests, utilizing Chandon’s selling and service standards with consistency through mentoring, shadowing and modeling.
- When needed, perform wine service and tastings in the Tasting Salon, in a Brand-consistent manner.
- Ensures Retail staff is accurately communicating tour/trade/club guest counts to Tasting Room staff.
- Proactively discuss wine and food combinations with Ambassadors and Hosts, highlighting Chandon wine and food pairings.
- Personally engage in selling and have direct interaction with guests at point-of-sale.
- Encourage up-sell potential for tour package upgrade and wine and food add-ons.
- Consistently sell and message the benefits of Club Chandon in order to meet both team and individual monthly goals.
- Engage in external opportunities to promote the Chandon Brand and expand visitor base.
- Lead Visitor Center team through change, by overcoming obstacles and creating efficiencies.
- Provide clear communication to both co-workers and guests regarding Domaine Chandon’s responsible hospitality policy and procedure.
- Listen to and resolve customer issues regarding service, product and/or personnel.
Efficient Service Support: (20%)
- Oversee and maintain cleanliness and order of the Visitor Center.
- Operate point-of-sale system, with accuracy, receiving either cash or credit card, without over-short.
- Ensure wine and merchandise are stocked and accurate daily inventories are kept.
- Maintain adequate inventory of glassware, wine and support material.
- Oversee daily set-up and break-down of Tasting Salon and Outside Terrace, including seating.
- Ensure that opening checklist and all tasks are completed in a timely manner for both Retail and the Tasting Salon.
- Ensure that Tasting Salon is clean, stocked and ready for the opening staff.
Lead Tasting Room and Retail Teams: (20%)
- Participate in the training of associates incorporating the Chandon Guest greeting dialogue to ensure the delivery of a legendary guest experience.
- Lead and set positive and consistent examples through but not limited to; punctuality, clear communication, and constant staff support.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels by making sure shifts are worked as scheduled.
- Follow-through to ensure that all assigned tasks for the staff have been completed in specified time-frames.
- Build current staff’s retention of product, wine knowledge, and service standards. Ensure consistent use of Brand vocabulary with each visitor interaction through constant feedback to staff and management.
- Support the Visitor Center management in ensuring monthly wine club acquisition goals are met, striving to improve personal sign-up performance.
Lead Operational Duties and Communicate Processes: (20%)
- Maintain exceptional Visitor Center standards, including overall cleanliness and communicating any outstanding repair issues to Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Maintain all wine and supply inventory, ensuring that the Salon & Retail Rooms always have adequate quantities; when inventory levels begin to get low communicate the quantity needed to the Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Assist with month-end inventories.
- Ensure daily opening and closing register procedures are followed.
- Maintain the daily communication log for all team members to read.
- Inform team members and guests of upcoming events and activities in Visitor Center.
- Communicate consistently with Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager on all aspects of the daily operation of the Visitor Center, utilizing communication log and weekly team meetings.
- Actively participate in bi-weekly Visitor Center staff meetings.
- Identify opportunities and challenges of individuals on team and escalate them to the Visitor Center Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Required to participate in the planning, set up, execution, and/or break down of DCC events.
- Attend all Visitor Center meetings, trainings, and tastings to develop depth of wine knowledge and be apprised of Visitor Center happenings
- Senior Chandon Ambassador focused on Retail Department: Purchase, maintain and manage inventory for all retail merchandise
- Senior Chandon Ambassador focused on the VC Salon: Coordinate all Trade, private and large group tours. Maintain daily open and closing procedures as well as staff scheduled lunches and breaks.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma, College Education is preferred.
- Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public.
Professional experience & know how:
- 4 years experience in hospitality industry.
- 4 years experience in Retail merchandise ordering, maintenance, design and inventory preferred.
- 2 years experience in wine related sales and/or wine club acquisitions.
- 2 years of wine-related field experience is a plus..
- Communicate through active-listening skills and gather accurate insights to human behavior.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to lead and follow-up tasks.
- Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at department-level.
- One to two years of POS experience.
- Microsoft word and excel experience preferred.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Highly-developed organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a very fast paced environment.
- Great communication skills are a must as well as is the ability to lead and motivate a large team in a fast paced environment.
- Build team dynamics and synergy across departments. Optimize resource potential.