On Call Positions in Visitor Center
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH -- Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
We are currently hiring for the following on-call positions in our Visitor Center:
Chandon Ambassadors, Hosts and Associates are responsible for communicating the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent and impactful Brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service, in order to create a world class experience for every guest.
Please apply in person Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at Domaine Chandon Reception, 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599,
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Seasonal - Chandon Host
The Seasonal Chandon Host is responsible for communicating the uniqueness of Domaine Chandon through a consistent and impactful Brand message, while exhibiting excellence in customer service, in order to create a world class experience for every guest.
Create a High-Quality Visitor Experience: (60%)
• Represent our wines and brand in a friendly and professional manner.
• Perform wine service, food service, tastings, and wine education in a brand consistent manner.
• Consistently discuss food and wine pairings, highlighting Chandon food and wine benefits.
• Promote étoile Restaurant, winemaker dinners, and other restaurant events; refer all guests to étoile for lunch and dinner.
• Convey Club Chandon benefits to all visitors with clarity and sincerity.
• Sell Club Chandon wine club memberships, striving to improve personal as well as team sign-up performance.
• Achieve and exceed Club Chandon acquisition goals on both team and personal levels.
• Attend all bi-weekly VC meetings in order to stay updated with goals, new releases, new programs, and all other educational materials.
• Read daily communication log for updates and announcements
• Maintain a positive "can do" attitude at all times, supporting all members of the team in various situations.
• Required to participate in the planning, set up, execution, and/or break down of DCC events.
Efficient Service Support: (30%)
• Operate point-of-sale system with accuracy through completing all transactions, providing correct change, and accurately ringing credit transactions.
• Maintain clean and well-stocked Tasting Bar, during prep, throughout service and close-down.
• Keep ALL tables clear of glassware and service ware, wiped clean for visiting guests.
• Stock wine and keep accurate daily inventories.
• Assist in set up and break down of public, private, and group tours.
Set-up and Close-down: (10%)
• Follow opening checklist, ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely manner and the Tasting Salon is fully cleaned, stocked, and ready for guests by opening time.
• Initiate closing tasks and follow closing checklist ensuring that all closing tasks are performed, and the Tasting Salon is clean, stocked and ready for the opening staff.
Education : High School Diploma
Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public.
Professional experience & know how:
At least 2 years in wine education/hospitality industry.
Communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights to human behavior.
Technical & management skills:
Complete multiple tasks with accuracy and urgency.
Assesses situations quickly and responds with appropriate action, taking initiative to problem-solve, if necessary.
Able to process point-of-sale functions and comprehends mathematics to complete customer transactions.
Leads others, by example and makes decisions based on the needs of the business.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
Works efficiently and follows company standards, with or without immediate supervision.
Possesses knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional visitor experiences.
Continues to strive for excellence from own performance and remains self-motivated to improve results, both in selling and productivity.
To apply, please e-mail your resume including your salary history in the cover letter or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599and fill out an application.
Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer