Harvest Cellar Worker
Domaine Chandon, Inc., is the leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley and an emerging producer of varietal wines. Founded in 1973, Domaine Chandon was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house, Moet & Chandon. Domaine Chandon, Inc., is a part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH – Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the leading worldwide luxury goods company specializing in the wine and spirits, fashion, leather goods, perfumes, cosmetics, watches, jewelry and selective retailing.
Join us for the 2013 Harvest and gain valuable hands-on experience from one of California’s premier sparkling wineries.
Handle grape/juice deliveries.
- Operate presses and crushers.
- Drive forklift
- Perform routine operation of pumps and filters to rack, transfer, and clarify juice and wine.
- Perform chemical additions to juice and wine.
- Perform direct inoculation of yeast to juice.
- Set both manual and automatic tank temperature controls.
- Perform routine barrel work: S02 adds, topping, stirring, racking, and filling.
- Collect wine/juice samples and general support for the laboratory.
- Exposure to complex cellar equipment: Cross flow, STARS.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Languages: English required
Professional experience & know how:
- Minimum 1 year winery cellar experience.
- Knowledge or ability to learn safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals
- Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures
- Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures
- Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
Technical & management skills:
- Ability to understand and perform basic math.
- Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
Personal & interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
To apply, please come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer