Take it outside
With winter finally making its retreat and milder days upon us, it’s time to head to the garden, clear off the back deck and start prepping for al fresco season. You’ll be firing up the barbeque and bringing out the shaker for sparkling summer cocktails before you know it. So a little preparation will go a long way!
Some steps are obvious—clearing away winter’s leaves, raising the patio umbrella and stocking up on charcoal or propane for the grill—and others, less so. To help you get ready, here are some fresh air fresh ideas for a sparkling spring Chandon-style:
1. Think outside the house: Nothing says outdoor living like an expertly-cooked meal hot off the grill, paired with the perfect glass of Chandon. But it’s probably been awhile since you prepped a meal outside the confines of your kitchen, so brush up with some tips from etoile Restaurant Chef Perry Hoffman.
2. Light the way: Darkness eventually falls on any outdoor party— use this to your advantage, and set the mood. String a few strands of white lights (we’re a big fan of the sets designed to affix to your patio umbrella), or scatter luminaries throughout your space lighting them at dusk.
3. Get your hands dirty: Early spring is the ideal time to prep your edible garden for a bountiful harvest. Clear away the weeds, till in some fresh soil and start designing your menu accordingly. For the home green-thumbs, Perry Hoffman also offers etoile Restaurant gardeners’ tricks of the trade.
4. Plan the perfect occasion: At Domaine Chandon, the innovative hosting and entertaining ideas are endless. We decided to put our favorite tips to good use and built the Chandon Occasion Planner. With a few quick slides and clicks of your mouse, we’ll help make hosting effortless.
5. Enter to Win: Chandon and Sur la Table are teaming up to offer great summer prizes like a dream trip to Domaine Chandon, an ultimate grilling package and complimentary copies of the Domaine Chandon cookbook. Enter now for your chance at the outdoor entertaining season of a lifetime!
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be well on your way to properly celebrating the start of al fresco season. Have more open-air lifestyle ideas you’d like to share? Join the conversation and offer your favorite tips at Facebook.com/Chandon!
|< Prev||Next >|