Domaine Chandon is seeking an Accounting Controller
Reporting to the CFO of DCC/Newton, the Domaine Chandon's Accounting Controller will be responsible to:
Overseeing Accounting Department – Delivering Actual figures – Is the safeguard of accounting as well as local books figures full accuracy:
• Checks and challenges results in liaison with Supply Controller and Business Controller
• Ensure insurance policies are challenged and best practices put in place to assure company’s assets are safeguarded from all possible exposure
• Ensure Tax returns are properly prepared in coordination with LVMH inc tax team and Tax opportunities optimized
FSCP / Conduct and supervise the accounting team :
• Maintain and communicate to the stakeholders an efficient month-end close calendar.
• Ensure month-end timetable responsibilities are completed by due date, allocate tasks, conduct accounting processes and perform critical review of monthly balance sheet.
• Ensure total accuracy, presence of adequate documentation and a formalized archiving process.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Accounting standards
• Ensure proper documentation and update of all accounting processes.
Systems and process management:
• Continual review to ensure that systems and processes are up-to-date, appropriate and continually monitored and improved.
• Make sure that systems are adequate in terms of internal control requirements and segregation of duties in particular.
Specifically for Hospitality Center/ CRM:
• Develop recommendations in terms of information flow, security of operations, processes efficiency.
• Ensures Hospitality financial processes are aligned to accounting scheme and allow a proper and reliable financial data analysis.
• Ensure that internal control criteria are met.
• Support the Hospitality organization’s development for Cash management policies and procedures.
• Review and improve organization of Bank Accounts and EBS banking, and other Treasury processes.
• Improve and Coordinate the administration of Bank Reconciliations, and ensure that they are kept updated.
• Oversee the net monetary positions for the Wineries
• Establish and administer all electronic banking access / authorizations as well as all bank signers authorizations, in accordance with the LVMH Segregation of Duty guidelines
• Ensure monthly cash positions are reported to LVMH via SyRUS reporting tool
Order to Cash Cycle
• Oversee all invoicing processes to ensure appropriate cutoff of revenues is achieved each accounting period.
• Oversees correct and timely reconciliation on Group Accounts Receivables
• Oversee the reporting of DSO (days of sales) to the Group
• Oversee a credit management policy that minimizes bad debt risk on 3rd party customers. Ensure a process is implemented that maintains effective internal controls over credit authorizations and revisions
• Develop and implement a bad debt reserve and credit memo policy that complies with LVMH SOD guidelines, ICF and revenue recognition principles.
Taxation, Legal and insurance:
• Collate all data for completion of company tax returns
• Handle the relationship with LVMH Inc and E&W CFO in Paris regarding all Tax matters, and coordinate tax department requests.
• Manage the relationship with LVMH Inc and E&W CFO in Paris regarding Insurance, and coordinate insurance requests.
• Can participate in the review of contract and agreements in coordination withthe Finance Director, Supply Controller, and Business Controller
Travel and Entertainment Expense Management
• Oversee the Company’s tool for tracking and reporting T&E expenses
• Manage full review of all T&E reports.
P-Card Program Management
• Administer thCompany’s P-Card program
• Ensure all P-Card processes are aligned with published policies and related internal control guidelines with the internal control coordinator
SAP – FI process Owner :
• Provide the business validation for any development regarding the Finance Module in SAP, in coordination with the MH Finance BPO (Business Process Owner)
• Be the point of contact for SAP FINANCE for the end-users (support, ad hoc training, …)
• Create infra ticket for any incident and ensure follow up with the Logica and MHIS support teams
Education :Bachelors degree in business or accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred
Languages :Fluent in English; French a Plus
Professional experience & know how:
Require 5 to 8 years of solid experience in Controlling/Accounting
Demonstrated track record of achieving results in a very dynamic and deadline-driven work environment while successfully building relationships with key stakeholders
Strong project management skills – proven track record of project planning, execution and communication
Solid experience in a Hands-On Management Role
Controlling experience within a Retail and/or Restaurant business a plus
Technical & management skills :
Strong knowledge of accounting principles, cost accounting and databases
Drives for results, able to challenge stakeholders to ensure accounting principles and processes are respected
Professional skepticism which challenges published numbers with the emphasis on understanding the results of operations
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good level of Excel skills
Experience in the utilization of databases and management tools (Essbase, …)
Personal & interpersonal skills: ,
Integrity, strong work ethics
Attention to detail and leaderships skills
Strong Time management skills
Building effective teams
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599