Job Title: Seasonal Line Cook
etoile, Restaurant at Domaine Chandon is one of Napa Valley's most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative cuisine, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience.
The etoile Restaurant is currently seeking a Line Cook.
- Prepare dishes for etoile guests and staff, following recipes or Sous Chef'’s/Chef'’s ingredient instructions.
- Daily execution of a station within the kitchen or assists with, meat, fish, sauté or pastry and pantry.
- Cooks food properly and in a timely fashion, using all appropriate safety precautions.
- Communicate with other kitchen team member's to ensure food is prepared on time and correct.
- Ensures consistent high quality of plate presentation.
- Team working and communication between line cooks is a must.
- Train or show other line cooks certain steps in creating a dish or preparation methods when necessary or directed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Sous Chef or Chef.
- Comply with scheduled kitchen sanitation and ensure all standards and practices are met.
- Use all safe food handling standards.
- Ensure use of FIFO (First in-First out) system, all ingredients are labeled and stored properly.
- Maintain system of control for storage temperatures and proper functioning of kitchen equipment.
Education: A graduate of an Accredited Culinary School a plus. High School diploma or GED required.
Languages: English, French/Spanish a plus.
Professional Experience and Essential Requirements:
1 year of fine dining line experience.
Teamwork and inter-personal communication oriented.
Thorough knowledge of food products and cooking techniques (i.e. knife skills, sauté, proper cooking temperature, etc.; The ability to work with limited supervision. The ability to multi task in a fast paced restaurant environment.
To apply, please come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer